Tie the knot in Poe's Enchanted Garden. Live Happily Evermore.
Poe considered gardens to be one of the highest art forms. The Enchanted Garden is fashioned after his poem:
To One in Paradise
Thou wast that all to me, love
For which my soul did pine-
A green isle in the sea, love,
A fountain and a shrine,
All wreathed in fruit and flowers
And all the flowers were mine…
Thank you for your interest in the rental of the Enchanted Garden. The following lists the details of rental.
- The protection, preservation and public presentation of the Poe Museum's collection, historic buildings and garden are the primary considerations in implementing the Poe Museum's rental arrangements.
- Rental fee includes use of the space only. Contact Annie at firstname.lastname@example.org for the Museum's rental options, information, and prices.
- Garden accommodates up to 125 guests.
- Management must approve all decorations.
- If the ceremony takes place during the operating hours of the museum, tours of the museum will still continue. Museum staff will try to keep interruption to a minimum, but are not responsible for the actions of museum visitors. A separate entrance to just the garden is available for wedding guests only.
- Set-up and clean up are the responsibility of the lessee, not the museum.
- Wedding party may rehearse the day before during regular working hours the museum staff, 9:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m., free of charge. If rehearsal exceeds 5:30 p.m., there is an additional fee of $50. Rehearsals may not exceed 6:30 p.m.
- Space is available for the bride and her party as a dressing/staging area. During operating hours there is no space available for the groom, after 5 p.m. arrangements can be made.
- $1000.00 for 4 hours ($425.00 non-refundable deposit and a $425 balance due two weeks before the event).
- $250.00 cleaning deposit (due upon signing contract, refunded if site cleanliness is maintained).
- $100.00 for additional hours (optional).
For more information about booking your wedding at the Poe Museum, please contact Annie Gannon at email@example.com.
Enchanted Garden Weddings and Special Events form (DOC)
If you would like to arrange for a time to visit the garden and discuss the possibility of having your ceremony here, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 804-648-5523.
** Please note that submission of the form does not guarantee that your date is secure. You will be contacted within the week to finalize your reservation.