Rent the Enchanted Garden
The Poe Museum’s Enchanted Garden is an intimate, unique, and affordable
place to have your wedding or special event. Not only is the site steeped in quirky history, but it is a quiet oasis in the heart of Virginia’s
capitol, making it the perfect place to host a garden party, wedding, or photography session.
If you are interested in having your event at the Poe Museum, or if you would like more information about garden rentals, contact our Events Coordinator.
Tours of the Enchanted garden available Friday-Sunday by appointment.
Garden Rentals Frequently Asked Questions
- Garden accommodates up to 125 guests.
- Rental fee includes use of the space only; the museum does not provide chairs, tables, tents, etc.
- Management must approve all decorations.
- If the ceremony takes place during the operating hours of the museum, the museum will remain open. Museum staff will try to keep interruption to a minimum, but are not responsible for the actions of museum visitors.
- Set-up and clean up are the responsibility of the lessee, not the museum, including the disposal of trash and removal of decorations.
- Wedding party may rehearse the day before during regular working hours of the museum staff, 9:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m., free of charge.
- Space is available for the bride and her party as a dressing/staging area. During operating hours there is no space available for the groom.
- $1000.00 for 4 hours ($500.00 non-refundable deposit and a $500 balance due two weeks before the event).
- $250.00 cleaning deposit (due upon signing contract, refunded if site cleanliness is maintained).
- $100.00 for additional hours (optional).
- $200 per hour after 10 p.m.
If you would like to arrange for a time to visit the garden or to discuss the possibility of having your wedding or special event here, please contact our Rentals Coordinator.