How to Visit the Poe Museum
There are many great ways to see the Poe Museum in Richmond! We hope you will visit Richmond and see all that the Poe Museum has to offer. If you are unable to visit the museum in person- or if you want to explore more- we have a multitude of resources online!
$6 Seniors (60+) and AAA Members
$6 Youth (7-17)
FREE for Poe Museum Members and Children Under 6
The Poe Museum is in the heart of Richmond's Historic Shockoe Bottom district:
1914-16 E. Main St.
Richmond, VA 23223
FREE PARKING is available in our lot or on neighborhood streets.
Driving DirectionsEast and Westbound via I-64
- Approaching Richmond from I-64, take I-95 south.
- From I-95, Use Exit 74-B.
- Turn left at the second traffic light onto East Main Street.
- The Edgar Allan Poe Museum is located 4 blocks east on the left-hand side. Free off-street parking is available on the side of the museum.
- From I-95, Use Exit 74-C (Broad Street).
- Bear right (Route 33) as the exit ramp splits. This will lead you onto 17th.
- Move over to the left lane as soon as possible
- Make a left turn onto Broad Street at the next traffic light.
- Proceed through the next traffic light (18th Street) and make a right turn onto 20th Street.
- Proceed through the next two stop signs (E. Grace & E. Franklin Streets).
- The Museum's parking lot will be on your right at the corner of East Main & 20th Streets.
- From I-95, Use Exit 74-B to Franklin Street.
- At the end of a short off-ramp, take the left lane straight through the traffic light.
- At the next traffic light turn left onto East Main Street.
- The Edgar Allan Poe Museum is located 4 blocks east on the left-hand side. Free off-street hourly parking is available on the side of the museum.
Can't Make it to the Museum?
From what's blooming in the Enchanted Garden, to new items in our Gift Shop, you can explore many aspects of the Poe Museum online.
- See highlights from our Collections, the largest public collection of Poe memorabilia and artifacts in the world.
- Access resources for Educators and Students, including information about Poe's life and works and an Educators' Packet
- Meet our two black cats, Edgar and Pluto, and explore their home in our historic Enchanted Garden
- Shop in our online Poe Museum Gift Shop! The best collection of Poe souvenirs is right at your fingertips