Tie the knot in Poe's Enchanted Garden & Live Happily Evermore.
Poe considered gardens to be one of the highest art forms. The Enchanted Garden is fashioned after his poem:
To One in Paradise
Thou wast that all to me, love
For which my soul did pine-
A green isle in the sea, love,
A fountain and a shrine,
All wreathed in fruit and flowers
And all the flowers were mine…
The Poe Museum’s Enchanted Garden is an intimate, unique, and affordable place to have your wedding or special event. Not only is the site steeped in quirky history, but it is a quiet oasis in the heart of Virginia’s capitol, making it the perfect place to host a garden party, wedding, or photography session.
If you are interested in having your event at the Poe Museum, or if you would like more information about garden rentals, contact our Events Coordinator.
Tours of the Enchanted garden available Friday-Sunday by appointment.
The protection, preservation and public presentation of the Poe Museum's collection, historic buildings and garden are the primary considerations in implementing the Poe Museum's rental arrangements.
- Garden accommodates up to 125 guests.
- Rental fee includes use of the space only; the museum does not provide chairs, tables, or tents.
- If the ceremony takes place during the operating hours of the museum, the museum will remain open. Museum staff will try to keep interruption to a minimum, but are not responsible for the actions of museum visitors. A separate entrance to the garden is available for wedding guests only.
- Management must approve all decorations.
- Setup and cleanup are the responsibility of the lessee, not the museum.
- Wedding party may rehearse the day before during regular working hours the museum staff, 9:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m., free of charge. If rehearsal exceeds 5:30 p.m., there is an additional fee of $50. Rehearsals may not exceed 6:30 p.m.
- Space is available for the bride and her party as a dressing/staging area. During operating hours there is no space available for the groom.
- $1000.00 for 4 hours ($500 non-refundable deposit and a $500 balance due two weeks before the event)
- $250.00 cleaning deposit (due upon signing contract, refunded if site cleanliness is maintained)
- $100.00 for additional hours (optional)
For more information about booking your wedding at the Poe Museum, please contact us.
If you would like to arrange for a time to visit the garden and discuss the possibility of having your ceremony here, please contact us or 804-648-5523.